FIS World Snow Day
- As a next step in the multi-year FIS campaign ‘Bring Children to the Snow’, FIS is seeking to encourage a large number of children and their families to be part of the World Snow Day, a snow festival consisting of various national activities taking place simultaneously the world over.
- The goal of the World Snow Day is to promote snow sports and enable children to come together with their families to experience and enjoy the fascination of snow. With an annual worldwide snow festival, FIS hopes to create global momentum for a great future in snow sports.
- The World Snow Day will launch with the winter season 2012/13 and the inaugural edition will take place on the 22nd January 2012. Optionally, if previously scheduled activities are already planned, the World Snow Day may take place during the week before starting with Monay 16th January. If you want to have a look at the Event Planning Manual please see here .
- FIS will provide a platform with ideas and promotional opportunities to communicate the national activities and to promote snow sports towards the younger generations. Organisers, from the National Ski Associations to ski clubs, ski resorts and individuals, will be able to profit from exciting rewards as the best ideas for fun snow activities in the different categories will be awarded.
Collaboration with partners and sponsors, amongst others the ski industry, the world of ski tourism and ski schools as well as governmental authorities, will be an integral part of the World Snow Day.
You are about to be part of an international snow festival. But what is it exactly that you are joining?
- World Snow Day is part of the international FIS campaign ‘Bring Children to the Snow’ introduced in 2007
- World Snow Day is an annual snow festival for children and their families
- World Snow Day provides a chance to EXPLORE, ENJOY and EXPERIENCE snow
- World Snow Day celebrates all things snow!
- World Snow Day brings the global snow industry together to promote snow and the fun activities it offers
- World Snow Day is open to anyone who has already discovered snow activities or would like to
- World Snow Day both seeks to introduce newcomers to snow and to provide additional value to those who already participate
World Snow Day will be comprised of various activities, taking place simultaneously on a single weekend around the world to make for THE BIGGEST DAY ON SNOW, ALL YEAR!
“Be part of the world’s biggest day in snow!”
 How to plan a World Snow Day Event
 Also See
- FIS World Snow Day 
Return to: Bring Children to the Snow
[ [Category:Bring Children to the Snow]]